My Trading Journal (Excel Spreadsheet)
Posted by Blain Reinkensmeyer | Last modified on Jan 19th, 2018 | Published Jan 19th, 2018
I’ve had a few requests for a copy of the spreadsheet I use for my trading journal. I just uploaded it to the server so feel free to snag a copy if you’re interested. It’s not the most stijlvol spreadsheet but it does what I need. I’ve never bot a big Excel dude, so I had to use brute force to get some things done.
Some articles here on the webpagina that may help you:
Here’s some detail about the columns:
- Expectancy: An average of katern K (R Numerous). This formula voorwaarde be modified each day to include the latest rows.
- Total P&L: Sum of Katern J (P&L)
- Trade #: Just used for some calculations later…
- L/S: Long or Brief
- QTY: Number of shares
- Bought: Purchase price
- Sold: Selling price
- Initial Risk: Dollars at risk based on the initial zekering
- Comm: Commission for both sides of the trade. I have it set to calculate based on the number of shares entered ter katern E.
- P&L: The actual P&L, including commission
- R Numerous: P&L divided by the Initial Risk
- % Wins: This is calculated by dividing katern R (Sum W/L) by katern A (Trade #)
- Comments: I use this to list errors made on the trade or anything else worth noting.
- $ at Work: This gives mij an idea of how much money wasgoed te the position. It’s simply QTY (katern E) divided by Bought (purchase price). Note that this is not accurate for cut-offs but it’s close enough for government work. ??
- % P&L: The percentage comeback for the trade. P&L divided by $ at Work. Again, not precies for cut-offs.
- Initial % Risk: Just tells mij how far my zekering wasgoed from my entry te percentage terms.
- W/L: Tells whether the trade wasgoed a winner (1) or a loser (0). This is used by the next katern, Sum W/L.
- Sum W/L: A running total of the W/L katern. This is used ter the % Wins katern.